Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT1) Course.
Class starts on APRIL 27th; Course Length: 4 weeks
- 8 am - 4 pm
Clinical hours: Monday-Friday 5 days (40 hr) 9 am to 5 pm
Mon - Fri 9 am to 5 pm: 40 hours of Externship at approved clinical sites should be completed within 30 days after classroom hours. Students will perform phlebotomy on real patients under supervision of experienced medical professionals.
Note: Class Schedule is subject to change without prior notice.
"I did an Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED and First Aid certification with some of my fellow Girl Scout leaders. The instructor was great and really impressed on me how important it is for everyone to know this information - not just medical professionals! The models she uses in her class are very high tech and a great hands-on way to learn. It was also super convenient for our group that she had her own classroom space right in Hollywood and was super flexible about scheduling our session. Pricing is super reasonable as well."
"A great Career Institute. I took the class and passed the National test with 88% approval. My excellent instructor made the class easy, professional and explained the information very well. It was a very well structured, organized and comprehensive program. I applied for a job at Kaiser and they are considering me for a Monitor tech position a week after taking the classes. I strongly recommend this school not only because of the comprehensive and easy to take classes but, also because is not expensive at all."
- Jose Luis
CALL NOW: (323) 570-4127 firstname.lastname@example.org
Seats are Limited!
"I had so much fun during the entire course with an amazing instructor. She ensures that everyone is on the same page and really takes her time explaining the different aspects of the subject I took my test at USC a few days later & scored a 100%. I highly recommend this school to anyone. They also offer a sit-in refresher review at no extra charge."
IF YOU CANNOT REACH US OVER THE PHONE, PLEASE EMAIL TO: INFOPROMEDCI@GMAIL.COM
A person without any phlebotomy experience OR a person with fewer than 1040 hours phlebotomy experience (half a year) must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school graduate or have completed a GED (proof of higher education may be provided instead of high school graduation)
- Complete a 40 hour phlebotomy course (classroom) from an approved school
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours phlebotomy experience (clinical hours) that includes at least 50 venipunctures and 10 skin punctures
- Pass a State of California approved phlebotomy certification exam
- Apply for CA CPT 1 License
California State Certification
Each student, after graduation, need to complete a California State Phlebotomy Certification application (with all required documents) and submit it to the California Department of Public Health Laboratory Field Services (LFS).
- High School Diploma: A high school diploma and transcript from an institution in the United States of America to be provided by the applicant OR
- College Transcripts OR
- General Education Diploma (GED): Passing verification from certifying agency to be provided by applicant
- Students require two Official Transcripts
Other General Requirements:
- Students must be at least 18 years of age
- A current American Heart Association BLS Card is required
- Proof of a negative TB (Tuberculosis) Skin Test or negative chest x-ray administered within six months prior to the class
- Proof of current MMR (Mumps, Measles, & Rubella) and Varicella Immunization or Titer
- Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Professional Liability Insurance
- A physical exam stating the student is healthy
COURSE FEE: $1650 includes tuition, uniform, Liability Insurance; externship assingments, books and all equipment will be provided.